Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Seven Beasts, A Tale of the Mysterium


On June 16, 2017 (Bloomsday), I announced two major new publications, Wyrds of Power: New Language for A New Reality (available now) and I, the Dragon: Chronicles of An Epic Life Among the Humans (coming in Fall 2017). To mark the occasion, I delivered a presentation entitled Seven Beasts: A Tale of the Mysterium.  This talk, a shamanic journey really, included the first public reading from I, The Dragon.  A digital artifact of the event is embedded in this post and also accessible via the Words of Power You Tube channel.

Here is some background on each of the new books.

Wyrds of Power

Wyrds of Power: New Language for A New Reality includes my entire Primal Reality series (five books) in one deluxe edition. This work constitute a significant contribution to the emerging global wisdom tradition of the 21st Century. 

Several overarching themes frame this work:
  • Evolution of yoga and the yoga of evolution.
  • Tantric vision of birth, death and transformation, in which human incarnation is experienced as divine revelation, i.e., Yoga of Primal Reality, a.k.a. Cauldron Yoga.
  • Ascendancy of the feminine in psyche (human and divine). 
  • Gaian Poetics, a poetics of our intimate, creative relationship with the vast planetary intelligence within which we live, move and have our being.
  • A contemplation of the human condition in the early 21st century, and in particular the Singularity within the Singularity. 
  • A celebration of some simple truths that could help redeem us and heal our world, e.g. altruism and sustainability as spiritual (and existential) imperatives 
  • A call to the great shift required of us if our species is to evolve, i.e., the great shift to a green global civilization, the Ancient Future.
Interspersed between each movement of this sweeping exploration, I have inserted batches of "epiphanies." Existential. Somatic. Reality-based. Experiential. New language for perennial truths. Dispatches from the Ancient Future. An inventory of open secrets. A compass for the pathless path.
 

The books included in this deluxe one-volume edition (in reverse chronological order): 
  • "Cauldron Yoga, Gaian Poetics and the Way of the Ancient Future" (2015) 
  • "Planetary Emergency/Personal Emergence: Path of An Evolutionary" (2014) 
  • "User's Guide to Human Incarnation: Yoga of Primal Reality" (2013) 
  • "Humanifesto: A Guide to Primal Reality In An Age of Global Peril" (2012) 
  • "Between Shadow and Night: The Singularity In Anticipation of Itself" (2010) 

I, The Dragon
 
I, The Dragon: Chronicles of An Epic Life Among the Humans is an autobiographical novel that spans six decades. It tells the story of a remarkable journey from profoundly abused child to global intelligence and security expert to yoga teacher and philosopher-poet.

In the course of the narrative, I offer an alternate history of the modern era, with insights into democracy, geopolitics, art, science, human rights and the Climate Crisis.

Excerpt from A Note to the Reader in I, The Dragon:

I could have written a book about my path of healing from the severe physical and sexual abuse I endured in childhood. I could have written a book about my professional life in intelligence and security and what it taught me about what goes on in the shadows of power (nation-state and corporate). I could have written a book about my lifelong journey into mysticism, yoga, shamanism and the occult, and articulated the powerful realizations I have stumbled into along the way. I could have written a book about my life as a writer and a poet, and offered a compelling narrative of the agonies and ecstasies of the artist’s life, and the grim, heroic struggle to keep the creative process alive and free in the depraved conditions of the modern age (industrial and post-industrial). But I have chosen instead to write one memoir woven out of all four of these narrative threads. Nothing less would deliver the truth. This is the book that demanded to be written. 

I, The Dragon will be available in Fall 2017. Related announcements coming in September.

So stayed tuned.

Meanwhile ...

This digital artifact includes the full audio recording, my PowerPoint presentation, some precious iPhone video and a few still photographs of the gathering itself. [NOTE: If you receive Words of Power via email subscription, you will have to click on the hyperlink to view the You Tube post.]

Seven Beasts, A Tale of the Mysterium (Part I and Part II)

This Bloomsday talk constituted Part I and Part II of Seven Beasts; Part III will be released via the Words of Power You Tube channel in August 2017 and cross-posted here.